Plus, Unknown Killer Robots
India’s first regional AI news anchor, Lisa, has been launched by Odisha TV. Lisa can speak multiple languages, including Odia and English. The station plans to enhance her proficiency and interactive skills to enable easier communication with others.
Generative AI is artificial intelligence that can create new content, such as images, text, and music. A new study estimates that generative AI could add up to $4.4 trillion annually to the global economy by 2030.
- Understand the basics of generative AI. This includes learning about different types of generative AI models, how they work, and their limitations.
- Get hands-on experience with generative AI tools. There are many free and open-source generative AI tools available online. Experiment with these tools to learn how they work and to see what they can do.
- Build a portfolio of generative AI projects. This will help you demonstrate your skills to potential employers or clients.
- Network with other generative AI professionals. This will help you stay up-to-date on the latest generative AI trends and find opportunities to collaborate with others.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Generative AI is a rapidly evolving field, so there’s no need to be afraid to try new things. The more you experiment, the more you’ll learn and the better you’ll become at using generative AI.
A new Netflix documentary, “Unknown Killer Robots,” warns of the dangers of an AI arms race. The film explores the potential for artificial intelligence to be used to create autonomous weapons that could kill without human intervention.
A new AI artist tool called Glaze is facing IP issues from OpenAI’s Midjourney. Glaze uses Midjourney to create images, but it does not require users to agree to OpenAI’s terms of service. This has led to concerns that Glaze could be used to create and distribute unauthorized content.
Netflix is using AI to create green screen-free visual effects for its movies. The company’s Magenta team has developed a new AI tool called Video Color Transfer that can automatically match the colors of two different videos. This allows Netflix to create seamless visual effects without using green screens.
China is planning to require generative AI tools to obtain a license before they can be used. The move is part of the government’s efforts to regulate the use of AI in the country.
According to a recent CNBC article, there are a number of ways to use AI to make money right now. Some of the most promising opportunities include:
- Automating tasks: AI can be used to automate a wide variety of tasks, from customer service to data entry. This can free up your time so you can focus on more strategic work.
- Improving customer service: AI can be used to improve customer service by providing 24/7 support, answering questions, and resolving issues. This can help you improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Developing new products and services: AI can be used to develop new products and services that meet the needs of your customers. This can help you grow your business and increase your profits.
A United Nations expert has warned about the alarming misuse of AI to spy on activists and journalists under the guise of preventing terrorism. The expert, David Kaye, said that AI is used to track people’s movements, monitor their communications, and predict their behavior.
Google is working with the Mayo Clinic to develop an AI system that could eventually replace doctors in clinical trials. The DeepMind Health system would use AI to analyze patient data and identify potential risks and benefits of new treatments.
AI is being used to develop new treatments for age-related diseases. One promising area of research is using AI to identify senolytics, drugs that can selectively kill senescent cells. Senescent cells are old, damaged cells that can contribute to the development of age-related diseases.